Sunday, June 22, 2014

Day of Blessings

Last week Pastor Ray asked me to preach at Bayside this weekend. I readily agreed but the challenge was that I had a flight booked to leave Sacramento at 1PM. Our 11:30AM service typically runs about an hour so I couldn't get out of there until 12:30 at the earliest and its a 30 minute ride to the airport. I booked a back up flight on Delta and told Laura that she would have to leave and I would hopefully meet up with her in LA. After the 9:45AM service I get a text from Southwest that our flight was delayed until 1:15PM - still no chance of making it. I was telling someone backstage that it would take a miracle to make that flight. Right at that second I get a text from Laura that it was delayed until 1:45PM, I had a chance. As soon as I finished preaching I ran out the door and rushed to the airport. I got there at 1:05PM and breezed through security (PRE) and I made it to the gate with about 10 minutes to spare! What a great way to start a trip knowing that God worked things out for me to make my flight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment