Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hope for the Future

This project had a huge impact on me for one big reason. Many of you know that I've been at Bayside Church for over 17 years. I did take a five year stint with World Vision as the National Director for World Vision. I have been back on staff at Bayside for 2 years now. One of my bosses at WV was Ravi. he was one of the Vice Presidents and led other initiatives. His 30-year resume with WV is quite impressive. He started the work in several countries including Nepal and Mongolia. He also was a national leader for WV in India. Here's the interesting part, Ravi began life living in a family who survived under $1 a day. He became a sponsored child at a project very similar to ours in an area not very far away. It shows the great potential a project like this holds where someone can go from a poor kid in a small village in India to vice president of the world's largest Christian humanitarian agency. I couldn't help looking at the children thinking, which one is the next Ravi. 

1 comment: